A man who was given a two year long Criminal Behaviour Order (CBO) last August following reports of begging, antisocial behaviour and public order offences in Scunthorpe has had variations made to his CBO to prohibit him from other areas in North Lincolnshire.
Michael Dalby, 34, of no fixed abode was given the CBO at Grimsby Magistrates Court.
He must not:
- Beg in any public place in North Lincolnshire
- Sit or lie outside any ATMs or retail premises in North Lincolnshire
- Consume alcohol in any public place in North Lincolnshire
- Enter the area outlined on MAP B in blue (footprint of Tesco Ashby)
- Engage in any behaviour in a public place in North Lincolnshire to cause harassment, alarm or distress
- Must not enter the area outlined in green on the attached MAP A (Old Brumby Street) bounded by Rivelin Road, Riverdale Road, Old Brumby Street, from Rivelin Road junction to boundary of Heslam Park, Beauchief Gardens and the west side of Ashby Rd from junction of Beauchief Gardens to Rivelin Road Junction.
Community Beat Manager for Kingsway and Lincoln Gardens, PC Ian Hayes said: “Michael Dalby is a persistent offender who has caused untold problems for residents, shoppers and businesses in and around the Old Brumby Street area.
“Even after he got the original CBO last year Michael Dalby continued to offend and behave antisocially in that area.
“That’s why these amendments have been made to prohibit him from the Old Brumby Street area.
“We have tried to help Mr Dalby along with our partner agencies to offer him support and advice. We do continue to help and support vulnerable people in all the communities we serve.
“We also have a duty to deal with people who cause problems and behave antisocially, in the appropriate way.
“I hope this CBO granted to Michael Dalby will make the area he used to frequent a better place for all.”