Exciting new opportunity in Lincoln for Security Officer Full time with immediate start till December ( the role is temporary)
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday – 12 hours night shift (4 nights per week)
Rate of Pay – £10.50 per hour
Must have to fulfil the role:
SIA Licence required
Full driving licence & own car
You will need to hold or pass high level SC clearance due to the nature of the role.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Register cleared contractors, issue temporary badges, book in/out hire cars, book in employee cars, direct visitors for new ID card.
- Keep aware of what’s happening on-site, even when you’re not present, by following the handover procedure and reviewing information from previous shifts.
- Be aware of the relevant emergency and escalation procedures, as the first point of contact when an incident occurs.
- Provide a visual and physical deterrent to any individual or group wanting to gain access to site illegally.
- Secure the site by controlling access and egress, carrying out security patrols to deter crime.
- Be aware of hazards, reacting to medical incidents and responding appropriately.
- Manage traffic, including controlling vehicle access, directing traffic flow, signing in and directing visitors and monitoring the onsite parking.
- Manage the security of government marked and classified information and materials, helping to maintain the security of the site by conducting internal patrols, furniture checks, desk checks and car searches.
- Ensure the control room/gatehouse is kept clean and tidy for the next shift.
- Operate the control room/gatehouse and reception systems.
- Physically fit as the role requires a degree of security patrolling
- Hold a Current SIA Licence
- Provide a check-able Work History for the past 5 Years and meet UK Home Office Security Screening Standards.
- Proven work experience as a Security Officer or a Customer Service Role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – especially Excel & Word
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organisational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks