Full time, 39 hours
£22,354.08 plus 9% Shift allowance
The job opportunity:
Reason for the Role – Technician (Tech) 2 are employed on the Surface Finish (SF) Contract to undertaking painting and finishing tasks for the MoD under the requirements of ASCOMM5/1157. The Tech 2 is responsible for the delivery of SF in a wide range of tasks, which include surface preparation (abrading, paint stripping, DMS/PMS abrasive blasting masking, cleaning and pre-treatment), and the application of associated finishes on all MoD assets.
Processing work according to schedule set by Line management.
Performing surface finish tasks in accordance with the quality policy, procedures and standards required.
Manual (Abrading), Chemical and Media paint removal methods on Aircraft, Aircraft components and numerous MoD ground assets prior to repainting.
Applying a high standard of paint finish to Aircraft, Aircraft components and numerous MoD assets using various paint schemes utilising modern paint application equipment.
Comply with all Quality, Health, Safety, Environmental and Aviation Safety requirements.
Notify supervisors of any anomalies, failures, defects, corrosion etc which may give rise to a poor quality product and/or endanger Aviation Safety.
The completion of Maintenance Documentation and associated documents where authorized.
That correct trade practices are employed and high standards of workmanship are maintained.
The appropriate health and safety aspects including COSHH and Risk Assessments are strictly complied with, including control of entry by unauthorised personnel into work areas.
Ensure that specialist Defence Air Publications (DAP) and other documents appropriate to the task are complied with.
Ensure that they receive adequate training before maintenance of or operating unfamiliar equipment, or before handling any dangerous substances.
May be designated to carry out the support role within a facility, ordering and accepting deliveries of consumables and equipment. Ensure all stock and associated materials are correctly stored and secured. Ensuring all correct records are maintained.
Ensure that all paints and associated materials are correctly stored in accordance with instructions.
Ensure that the work area is kept clean and all waste is disposed of in accordance with current regulations.
Adhere to instructions regarding Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE). Maintain and record all usage of RPE in accordance with the documentation provided.
Carry out any additional tasks as required by Line Management.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Appropriate experience as a RAF Painter and Finisher tradesperson or time served civilian equivalent in the trade of Aircraft/Automotive Body shop painter.
- NVQ 3 in Aeronautical Engineering (Surface Finish pathway) or equivalent qualification.
- Full driving licence is desirable
- Ensuring that all mandatory training is kept up to date, this includes Serco Essentials CBT training.
- Follow defined procedures and work instructions.
- Informing Line Management of any HR concerns.
- Abiding by confidentiality agreements and other restrictive clauses in their contract of employment.
- Following the Serco Code of Conduct to ensure we meet our policy commitments and comply with applicable laws and regulations. It is designed to encourage honest and ethical conduct. It therefore sets out in a concise way the rules, standards and behaviours that are expected from all Serco employees.
- Above all work safe, compliantly and productively