Man jailed after Watford shooting terror

Man jailed after Watford shooting terror

Man jailed after Watford shooting terror

A 28-year-old man has been sent to prison after a gun was fired outside a Watford nightclub.

Elliott Simon (28) was sentenced to seven years when he appeared at St Alban’s Crown Court after pleading guilty to possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.

He had fired a handgun several times during an altercation with three other men over a road rage incident in Watford, the court heard.

Simon, of Ruth Close, Stanmore, also admitted possession of a class A drug (cocaine).

A charge of attempted Section 18 GBH will lie on file.

Raymond Celestine (25) also of Ruth Close, Stanmore, also appeared in court for sentencing after pleading guilty to affray in relation to the incident.

He received an 18-month community order, was ordered to complete 120 hours of unpaid work and a rehabilitation requirement.

St Alban’s Crown Court heard that in the early hours of Saturday, December 8, 2018, the three victims left Pryzm nightclub on The Parade before getting into their car.

As they were leaving, one of the victims’ phones slid out of his pocket and down the side of his seat. His friend stopped the car – a Vauxhall Corsa – and put his hazard lights on.

A Chevrolet Aveo containing Simon, Celestine and others arrived behind the Corsa and the occupants became angry at the obstruction.

Celestine jumped out of the car and began shouting at the victims.

Simon also got out of the car and at first tried to calm Celestine down, before pulling out a handgun and firing four shots. Two of these shots were aimed at the ground near to the victim’s feet.

Two of the three victims ran from the area, fearing for their safety, while their friend – the driver – started to pull away in the Corsa.

Two further shots were then fired into the side of the Corsa as the driver fled. One round became lodged in the rear passenger door and the other entered the driver’s seat.

Simon and Celestine left the scene but were both later arrested.

Contact Gi Watford
Email us: