Hull man convicted of hostel murder

Hull man convicted of hostel murder

Hull man convicted of hostel murder

A Hull man who stabbed a fellow hostel resident in January 2018 has now been convicted of murder, Humberside Police have confirmed.

Colin Cadamartriea, 66, stabbed 31-year-old Jarrad Marsh to death in a row over money at the hostel on Albert Avenue.

Cadamartriea was granted a retrial because of procedural difficulties during his original case at Hull Crown Court.

Now, appearing at Sheffield Crown Court, he has been told he must serve at least 20 years in jail.

It is alleged that Mr Marsh had been stabbed after he stole money and beer from Cadamartriea.

He has already served two-and-a-half years in prison for the killing of Mr Marsh following an original trial in June 2018, while awaiting retrial.

The proceedings were concluded yesterday when Cadamartriea was again convicted of murder.

Detective Inspector Grant Taylor said:

“Our thoughts remain with Jarrad’s mum Julie, his family and friends, who we continue to provide support to through specialist officers.

“I would like to thank the key witnesses in the trial for their assistance in what has been a very challenging and complex investigation.

“I would also like to take this opportunity to talk about the importance of our work to take knives off the streets of East Yorkshire and northern Lincolnshire.

“This tragic case demonstrates the huge impact that knife crime has on the families of victims and we will continue to do all we can to reduce this type of crime and bring offenders to justice.”

Jarrad Marsh’s mother, Julie Marsh, added:

“It was the worst day of my life when the police came to tell me my son Jarrad had been murdered.

“The months and years following his murder have been horrendous and affected all parts of my life, including my work as a Senior Sister for the NHS.

“I attended the original trial in June 2018 at Hull Crown Court and it was absolutely horrific to have to sit and listen all the details regarding my son’s murder.

“At the end of the trial when a guilty verdict was returned and Colin Cadamartriea was subsequently given a life sentence, I felt justice had been served.

“However, a retrial was permitted and, as a result, my family and Jarrad’s girlfriend have had to re-live the horrendous memories surrounding Jarrad’s murder.

“I have never got over the death of my son but having to go through a second trial has made it even more difficult to bear.

“Nothing will help to lessen the agony of losing a child in such a violent way, but knowing Colin Cadamartriea has been found guilty of his murder and will now spend the majority of the rest of his life in prison, means justice has been served.”

Contact Gi Hull
Email us:
Follows us on Facebook for all the latest local stories, breaking news and to join the conversation