East Midlands in Bloom 2021 wins for Grimsby and Scunthorpe
This year’s East Midlands in Bloom awards provided wins across the local area including Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Brigg and Mablethorpe.
East Midlands in Bloom is an annual competition organised by the EMIB Regional Committee and is one of the 18 regions/nations which comprise ‘Britain in Bloom‘, the campaign organised by the Royal Horticultural Society.
The aim of the competition is to encourage the improvement of surroundings through the imaginative use of trees, shrubs, flowers and landscaping.
It also aims to achieve a litter free and sustainable environment along with the three RHS core pillars of excellence which are: Horticultural Achievement, Environmental Responsibility and Community Participation.
Here are all the local wins from our area:
- Small Town- Brigg in Bloom, Silver
- Small City- Scunthorpe in Bloom, Silver; Grimsby in Bloom, Silver GILT
- Coastal- Mablethorpe in Bloom, Gold
- Frank Constable Best Front Garden- Mr Capp 18 Almond Grove Brigg, Silver GILT
- Least Littered Environment- Mablethorpe
- Young Persons Award- Evie Rose, Grimsby
- Best School Garden- Wildlife Garden Cambridge Park Academy, Grimsby
- Brigg Veterans and Nancy’s Memorial
- Gerry Smith for his significant contribution (Memory Boxes and more) to Great
Coates’s ‘in bloom campaign
- Peaks Lane Fire Station and Malley Isted, for the spectacular wildflower border, Grimsby
- To the Coastal Scouts represented on judging day by Bailey, Poppy, Rylan and Sam
along with local resident Reg as a team for their work on the Lowen Garden (The Given Garden) with the MIB – a feast for the eyes! Mablethorpe
- The grounds of the Cemetery and Crematorium, Scunthorpe
Contact Gi Scunthorpe News
Email us: [email protected]