Update: Covid-19 cases in North East Lincolnshire above national average
According to the government’s interactive map, the Covid-19 cases in North East Lincolnshire remain above average, with a rolling rate of 102.2 compared to the UK average of 65.1. The county is one of 26 places in England with an infection rate above 100.
The total current cases in North East Lincolnshire is 163, with each area from highest to lowest in terms of rolling rate:
- Yarborough: 12 cases (217.6 rolling rate)
- Weelsby & Old Clee: 14 cases (195.7 rolling rate)
- Holme Hill: 11 cases (183.5 rolling rate)
- Grimsby West Marsh: 14 cases (182.1 rolling rate)
- New Waltham: 14 cases (163.8 rolling rate)
- Wellow: 14 cases (155.4 rolling rate)
- Littlefield North: 8 cases (139.2 rolling rate)
- Littlefield South & Grange: 7 cases (126.3 rolling rate)
- Cleethorpes Beacon Hill: 7 cases (120.1 rolling rate)
- Nunsthorpe: 7 cases (96.8 rolling rate)
- Immingham & Habrough: 8 cases (76.3 rolling rate)
- Grimsby East Marsh & Port: 4 cases (72.5 rolling rate)
- Cleethorpes West: 4 cases (72.2 rolling rate)
- Scartho: 7 cases (71.7 rolling rate)
- Humberston: 5 cases (69.3 rolling rate)
- Laceby, Healing & Stallingborough: 5 cases (63.3 rolling rate)
- Cleethorpes Haverstoe: 3 cases (53.6 rolling rate)
- New Clee: 3 cases (49.5 rolling rate)
- Waltham & East Ravendale: 3 cases (38.2 rolling rate)
- Great Coates & The Willows: Fewer than 3 cases
- Sidney Park: Fewer than 3 cases
- Cleethorpes North: Fewer than 3 cases
On March 8, the UK recorded 65 deaths, which is its lowest daily increase in Covid-19 deaths in five months.
Unfortunately, one of these occurred on March 5 at a hospital under the Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust.
This brings the area’s total number of Covid-19 hospital deaths since March last year to 431.
As of March 8, there were 21 Covid-19 patients at Diana, Princess of Wales Hospital and 31 at Scunthorpe General Hospital.
Two of these were in the Intensive Care Unit – one in Grimsby and one in Scunthorpe.