A180 Project Manager says roadworks have started following confusion
The National Highways Project Manager overseeing the roadworks on the A180 has stated that works have already started following confusion from the public.
Motorists have been left confused recently as they have seen ‘no sign’ of roadworks taking place on the A180.
However, National Highways has stated that works are underway on the road but are taking place overnight as not to interrupt motorists.
National Highways Project Manager Steve Bishop said: “Our work to improve road user safety by installing new steel safety barriers started as planned on 22 November. So far we have installed the safety camera system and removed just under a mile of the old barrier.
“We paused work at the end of December to limit the amount of roadworks taking place during the Christmas getaway and restarted last night (4 January). As before, work is taking place overnight between Monday to Friday (8 pm to 6 am), with occasional overnight weekend working.”
The £2 million scheme will see two miles of barriers installed, repaired drainage and upgraded road signage between the Stallingborough Interchange and Pyewipe roundabout.
A 40mph speed limit was also recently put in place, with motorists left wondering if the temporary sped cameras were in use.
Many ‘not in use’ signs were placed next to the cameras, leaving motorists confused as to whether the speed limit was being enforced or not.
A spokesperson cleared up the confusion, stating that the ‘not in use’ signs were only being used until the cameras were calibrated before going live on December 16.