94 arrested, 27 charged and 4 jailed – in one week of Operation Galaxy
The arrests follow the December 4 launch of another month of intensive action by Humberside Police to target those causing the most harm in communities and of those arrested so far, 27 have been charged and four jailed.
A spokesperson for the Force said: “We have carried out warrants at properties across the force and, as a result drugs with a street value of more than £235,000 and a wide range of weapons – from knuckle dusters to knives and tasers – are now safely out of the hands of suspected criminals and off our streets.
“Our teams also seized £32,500 in cash and a number of vehicles we suspect to have been stolen, including two motorbikes, four cars, a boat and three push bikes.”
They continued: “Still more suspects have been voluntarily interviewed in relation to ongoing investigations, whilst out on the roads our officers have carried out more than 200 roadside breath tests – five of which were positive.
“And we have no intention of slowing down now, so keep checking back for more updates on all the latest.”
Those who have been charged include:
- Stephen Beech, 38, of Ashbourne Court, Scunthorpe, is charged with witness intimidation and criminal damage.
- James Carrington, 46, of no fixed address, admitted assaulting a PC and criminal damage. He is due to be sentenced at Grimsby Magistrates’ Court on 26 February, 2021.
- Kevin Crossley, 24, of Brandon Road, Scunthorpe, admitted breaching a restraining order and possession of cannabis. He was given a 16-week jail sentence, suspended for 12 months; 12 months supervision and a six-week curfew. He was also ordered to pay a total of £212 in costs and a Victims’ Surcharge.
- Reece Jones, 26, of High Street, Barton, is charged with possession of cannabis and is due to appear before Grimsby Magistrates’ Court on 26 January, 2021.
- A 15-year-old boy, who cannot legally be named, is due to go on trial on 8 January at Grimsby Magistrates’ Court, having denied charges of being in possession of cannabis and breach of bail.
- Kevin Smith, 51, of Parkway Business Park, Scunthorpe, is charged with possession of cannabis and bailed to appear before Grimsby Magistrates’ Court on 2 March, 2021.
- Jamie Forbes, 43, of St Denys Close, South Killingholme, denies being in possession of a bladed article and assaulting a PC. He is remanded for trial on Tuesday, 15 December, 2020.
- Dale Fletcher, 41, of Sandhouse Crescent, Scunthorpe, is charged with eight counts of theft.
- Daniel Pexman, 37, of Harbour Place, Grimsby, was charged with being in breach of a court order.
- Steven Bates, 51, of Olympus Top Road, South Killingholme, was detained for court on suspicion of failing to attend a previous court hearing.
- Paul Hunter, 58, of Cromwell Road, Grimsby, was charged with being drunk and disorderly.
Contact Gi Scunthorpe News
Email us: [email protected]